Restaurant Manager - La Scala
Location: 13/3 South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
Department: Food & Beverage
Lines of Supervision and Authorit
Report directly to Food and Beverage Manager and Director of Food & Beverage as well as Supervises Assistant Manager, Head waiters, Captains, Hostesses, Waiters, Waitresses in the Outlet.
Responsible for supervising and co-ordinating the activities of all personnel in the set-up and service of the outlet.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- To manage the administrative tasks such as maintenance, report, attendance record, and weekly working schedules.
- To manage the restaurant P/L effectively
- To ensure that the restaurant is well-known and drive the restaurant revenue to meet the company expectation
- To ensure that the restaurant has a very positive image in both online and offline marketing channels.
- To establish appropriate requisitions: food store, general store, steward and engineering.
- Have the ability to carry out instruction (follow-up).
- Daily check mise-en-place, cleanliness and have enough equipment for restaurant at all times.
- To hold daily pre-service briefing with service staff to instruct them and inform them of the special of the day in co-operation with chef.
- To hold a daily inspection for appearance of the staff and make sure everyone is well-groomed and that the uniforms are always well take care of.
- To make sure the food service is always fast and well done, that the food is well presented and that the quality is according to standard.
- To develop and implement employee training program.
- To keep tight control of linen for the outlet and supervise the waiters when sorting out linens.
- To replace any dishes that has been rejected by customers and report the same to Food and Beverage Manager or his assistant and Executive Chef.
- To approve, sign and explain void checks.
- To use his judgement and do anything necessary to make sure the guests always leave the restaurant satisfied.
- To check reservation book and plan restaurant’s seating accordingly.
- To welcome the guest and assist in seating procedures.
- To supervise and co-ordinate all staff activities.
- To present menu, recommend, take orders, sell wine and all other beverages.
- To supervise and participate in serving food up to standard.
- To develop food relation an image with customers.
- To give special attention to VIP table.
- To control and check pantry area, pick-up area and especially buffets.
- To handle complaints and take immediate action.
- To make sure that all staff members know menus recipes, presentation and preparation time perfectly.
- To participate in F & B meetings.
- To make sure that all new staff undergo a complete induction programme and that the have a copy of House Rules and Regulations as well as job descriptions.
- To assist hostesses in organising and seating guests.
- To motivate staff.
- To follow up on any negative comments and take constructive actions.
- Have full knowledge of the exact service procedures of all kinds of F & B items (especially wines).
- To maintain good relationship and co-operation with all departments.
- To take any disciplinary action when needed, serious cases are to be discussed with the Assistant Food and Beverage Manager prior to take any action.
- To maintain good relations with customers (remember names), keep a customer cardex, call all guests by their names.
- To be aware of what competitors are doing and report to Food & Beverage Manager if any special promotions are taking place in any other hotels.
- To make sure that all subordinates know what management is expecting from them.
- Have the knowledge of emergency procedures i.e. fire, accident, lost and found, breakage and spoilage.
- All supervisory level staff, must report to work at least 15 minutes before and after the schedule assigned.