Japanese Guest Relations Officer
Location: 13/3 South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120, Thailand
Department: Front Office
GUEST RELATIONS MANAGER
FRONT OFFICE MANAGER
Summary of position:
Responsible for welcoming guests, handling their complaints and queries, making their stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. Supervision and implements all the activities of the department in order to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Report duty on time in full uniform. Being smart and well-groomed at all times and maintain a friendly and cheerful attitude.
- Aware of all arrival and departure FIT’s, groups and especially VIP guests who require special attention.
- Check VIP guests’ rooms and ensure that all amenities are provided accordingly prior to guest arrival.
- Ensure that all guests, VIP and non-VIP are accorded personalized service and recognition.
- Welcome, greet and escort all arriving guests (VIP and all individual) when possible to their allocated rooms wherein a personalized check-in is to be facilitated. Courtesy and politeness are to be observed at all times.
- Assist in facilitating a fast, smooth and pleasant check-out.
- Prepare, review, update picture and file all reports for the day and is familiar with them on a daily basis.
- Prepare all check-in (registration) materials (folders, keys, registration cards, est.) for both expected and unexpected VIP arrival.
- Always present in the lobby whenever possible.
- Familiar with the hotel’s policies & procedures, product service, rates, special events, city and local information.
- Ensure daily activates are reported in the GRO logbook and the GRO trace has been followed up and done correctly.
- Review next day’s arrival, ensuring that those special requests and those accorded special status by the hotel are highlighted to management and necessary related functions are actioned.
- Value good grooming, personal hygiene, and complies with hotel’s health and safety policy.
- Prepare the weekly long staying guest reports.
- Responsible to arrange flowers and fruits for in-house and arrival guests if required and give to Guest Relations Supervisor, Japanese Assistant Guest Relations Manager to approve by signature.
- Coordinate with the Housekeeping Department and the Reception to ensure that rooms assigned to VIP guests are in order.
- Be totally familiar with room amenities, layout, rate structure, outlets (e.g. operating hours, menu, promotion, price, etc.), facilities and services offered in the hotel
- Be aware of activities and happening in the hotel (e.g. promotions, banquet functions).
- Update and maintain accurate guest profile record and photo.
- Handle guest complaints or request and liaise with the departments concerned to ensure immediate follow-up and report direct to Japanese Assistant Guest Relations Manager.
- Reconfirm, enquire or check with airlines about airline bookings if required.
- Check guest birthday in preparation and dispatching of birthday cards to guest. Arrange birthday cakes and make courtesy call to each individual guest.
- Pay more attention to disabled guests.
- Bid farewell to all departing guests.
- Help the front desk whenever possible.