14 - 15 十二月 2019
The Sukhothai Bangkok cordially invite you to attend and promote a fundraising charity event, “Bangkok Uncovered PLUS+” to support the social development projects of six endangered communities in Bangkok. For the third year of project celebration, The Sukhothai Bangkok and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) - Tourism Division, are planning to expand the scale of the event, which is why the project is now called “Bangkok Uncovered PLUS+”.
The project has derived from our creation of the APPEAR concept to preserve disappearing communities and culture, and to make them reappear again through sustainable tourism, partnering with United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) - Tourism Division. The Sukhothai Bangkok has collaborated in this project in order to promote sustainable activities within six disappearing communities, whilst improving the livelihoods of the locals. The six endangered communities include - 1. Koh Sarn Chao 2. Bang Lamphu 3. Hua Takhe 4. Bang Kradi 5. Ban Bu and 6. Nang Loeng. This is the first collaboration of a public-private partnership to develop sustainable travel activities in Bangkok and to improve the livelihoods of local people in the communities, thus enabling them to ‘appear’ again.
Apart from those six communities, we also have another six joining us for the event, which are - 1) Talad Noi 2) Hala Market at Charoenkrung 103 3) Klong Ladmayom market 4) Taladname Song Klong, Taling Chan 5) Bangkok Dee Jung and 6). Talad Mod Ta Noi. Especially for this year, signature products from four regions of Thailand will also be available here!
In order to enlarge the scale of the event in terms of sustainability and community support, The Sukhothai Bangkok have positioned themselves to be a donation centre on the event dates. We cooperate with Baan Nok Kamin Foundation and Gift of Happiness Foundation (GoHF) having invited them to be a part of the project.
We would like to invite you and your audiences to come along to explore the hidden gems of Bangkok's old neighborhoods, to support community social projects, to experience the different traditions of twelve local communities and to participate in a range of fascinating cultural activities, many of which are slowly being forgotten and lost in time, including –
- Creative Thai arts and crafts workshops by community artisans ie. sustainable kites made from leaf gilded black lacquer (Lai Rod Nam), the hand embroidery of Mon shawls, Mon paper crafts and (un)alike self-portrait drawing.
- Rare musical, dance and craft performances, ie. banana trunk carving, vintage stone powder flower garland (Pang Puang) creation, Mon music, Chatree dancing.
- Learning secret recipes from community grandmas, ie. golden threads and kanom Jak.
- Shopping for unique gifts or just chilling out and treating your taste buds to an endless assortment of delicious food and desserts, ie. Mon caramel and mung bean marzipan.
- Trying the ancient Rae Rai, bale jelly, Thai steamed red lotus stem cake.
- Getting special deals with vouchers from a truly luxury five star hotel - The Sukhothai Bangkok, including room, buffet and spa packages.
- Discovering unusual artefacts and being the winning bidder in the community auction, for art pieces by community artists, and handmade bronze knives.
- Seeing the mask making workshop from Talad Noi
- Visiting the salty egg workshop from Bangkok Noi.
- Shopping signature products from four regions of Thailand.
After event costs, all sales proceeds will go directly towards funding community-led social initiatives such as the creation of a children's library and the refurbishing of a rundown museum.
Thank you very much for your kind consideration. We look forward to welcoming you and your readers at the event soon!
For more information, please call 02 344 8888 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org