Where to stay in Bangkok to get the best experience
Part of the reason why Bangkok is so famous is that it is a city for everyone. Thailand’s capital is a unique and fascinating city that has a plethora of things to do, from cultural experiences to culinary delights and exciting nightlife. The sprawling city of almost 10 million people spreads out over many different districts, all with a character of its own. When considering where to stay in Bangkok, it is best to pick a hotel that is recognized and established, and one that offers you guaranteed comfort and luxury, so that your stay in this bustling metropolis will be one with the best experience.
Where to stay in Bangkok for elegant and luxurious accommodations
For over thirty years, the five-star The Sukhothai Bangkok hotel has been the go-to destination for visitors seeking a Bangkok luxury hotel experience. Situated in the bustling Sathorn Road, the peaceful low-rise is an oasis of refined opulence – complete with gourmet dining, old-world charm, exceptional service, and rooms made for pure relaxation. Boasting a design by world-class architects inspired by the namesake ancient Siamese capital of Sukhothai, this Bangkok luxury hotel offers a traditional tasteful aesthetic that merges seamlessly with minimalist modern sophistication. The Sukhothai Bangkok breaks the mold of luxury hotels and is where to stay in Bangkok if you want the most unique and elegant experience. No where else in Bangkok will you get a hotel with a low-rise complex, unpretentious traditional décor, and an identity of being the most elegant urban oasis of refinement and relaxation. Stay with us to experience understated elegance and legendary Thai hospitality.
The Sukhothai Bangkok is where to stay in Bangkok if you are looking for a premier 5-star luxury hotel that offers spacious accommodations designed to provide guests with a comfortable and relaxing stay in the heart of Bangkok. Pick from our selection of rooms and suites, each designed with Thai-inspired decor and modern amenities. Here are some of the room options available at The Sukhothai Bangkok:
- Superior Room: The Superior Room features a king-size bed or twin beds, a work desk, a flat-screen TV, and a marble bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub.
- Deluxe Room: The Deluxe Room features a king-size bed or twin beds, a sitting area, a work desk, a flat-screen TV, and a marble bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub.
- Executive Suite: The Executive Suite features a king-size bed, a separate living area, a work desk, a flat-screen TV, and a marble bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub. The glass-walled bathroom is spacious, and furnished with twin vanities, separate walk-in wardrobes and a leather-bound divan. A deep-soaking tub, separate celadon-clad shower and fine-grade bath linen complete your luxurious experience.
- Garden Suite: The Garden Suite features a king-size bed, a separate living area, a work desk, a flat-screen TV, and a marble bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub. The Garden Suite also features a private garden terrace overlooking the hotel's landscaped gardens.
- The Sukhothai Suite: The Sukhothai Suite features a king-size bed, a separate living area, a dining area, a work desk, a flat-screen TV, and a marble bathroom with a separate shower and bathtub.
Moreover, The Sukhothai also has the standalone Club Wing building, which was designed to provide a more residential experience. All rooms come with access to the Club Lounge for all-day complementary snacking and dining, views of the pool, and more luxurious amenities. Find a sunken Jacuzzi that will help you unwind, ultra-plush bathrobes that have stolen the hearts of many guests, and some rooms come with a large balcony where you can relax and take in the warm evening breezes of Bangkok. The Club Wing is where you should stay in Bangkok to experience the next level of exclusivity: online check-in, exclusive key-card only access, and a smaller number of rooms in the buildings for a more personalized, exclusive experience. The rooms of the Club Wing provide a more contemporary style, reinterpreting modern luxury in The Sukhothai way.
Where to stay in Bangkok: The heart of the city with a rich history
When you are looking for where to stay in Bangkok, you probably will want a place that combines the modern cosmopolitan vibe of a world-famous city with the old historical charm befitting a country with rich history. For that place, look no further than The Sukhothai Bangkok in downtown Silom District. Silom District is a bustling commercial and financial district located in the heart of Bangkok. It has a rich history dating back to the late 19th century when it was originally a residential area for wealthy Thai and Chinese families.
In the early 20th century, Silom became a hub for trade and commerce, with several banks and financial institutions setting up shop in the area. It was during this time that Silom gained its reputation as a bustling business district.
During World War II, Silom played a key role in the Allied war effort, serving as a base for American and British troops. After the war, the area continued to grow and develop, with new office buildings and hotels sprouting up to accommodate the growing number of businesses and tourists.
In the 1980s and 1990s, Silom underwent a major transformation, becoming a hub for nightlife and entertainment. The famous Patpong Night Market opened during this time, attracting tourists from around the world.
Today, Silom remains one of Bangkok's most important business and commercial districts, with many multinational corporations and financial institutions based in the area. It is also a popular destination for tourists, with a wide range of shopping, dining, and entertainment options available. If you’re looking for where to stay in Bangkok where you can enjoy both contemporary spaces and historical areas, Silom is the place!
Where to stay in Bangkok that is perfect for international travelers
The Sukhothai Bangkok is the perfect place to stay for international travelers as it is located in Silom District, which offers a wide range of attractions and activities. Here are some of the things that international travelers can do in Silom:
- Visit cultural landmarks: Silom is home to several important cultural landmarks, including the Wat Hua Lamphong temple and the Sri Maha Mariamman Temple. These temples are great places to learn about Thai culture and architecture.
- Explore the nightlife: Silom is famous for its nightlife, with a wide range of bars, clubs, and entertainment venues to choose from. The famous Patpong Night Market is also located in Silom and is a popular destination for tourists.
- Shop at local markets: Silom has several local markets, including the Silom Complex and the Jewelry Trade Center. These markets offer a wide range of products, including clothing, jewelry, and souvenirs.
- Enjoy local cuisine: Silom is a foodie's paradise, with plenty of street food stalls and restaurants offering traditional Thai cuisine as well as international dishes. The Silom Soi 20 Food Court is a great place to sample a variety of dishes at affordable prices.
If you find yourself on a schedule to visit Thailand soon and don’t know where to stay in Bangkok, we highly recommend that you stay with us at The Sukhothai Bangkok for a memorable experience that is filled with understated elegance and unparalleled comfort, all offered with the finest touch of The Sukhothai hospitality.